The primary focus of BILTIR is to be an advocate for the long-term insurance industry on the island for matters with respect to regulatory and solvency requirements, tax matters with outside jurisdictions, and in general to provide a consistent and coherent voice for any concerns of the long-term sector in Bermuda.
BILTIR is an influential advocate:
- BILTIR provides a clear and cohesive voice for its members to express concerns impacting their businesses and to influence constructive change.
- BILTIR's input directly contributes to the enhancement and growth of the long-term industry in Bermuda.
BILTIR fosters a strong relationship with the BMA:
- BILTIR offers exposure to key industry knowledge - the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) invites BILTIR to exclusive meetings regarding important industry matters.
- The BMA values BILTIR input and regularly invites BILTIR to provide feedback on proposed Bermuda regulatory changes.
- The BMA has formed several working groups with BILTIR that have successfully navigated through a wide range of complex regulatory revisions.
BILTIR keeps members informed:
- BILTIR provides members with timely updates to the latest industry related information and regulatory updates.
- BILTIR holds an annual conference that provides an opportunity for professional development, where conference fees are waived for employees of member companies.
- BILTIR committees focus on specific issues relating to capital, financial reporting, regulations and tax.
- BILTIR and its committees hold regular quarterly meetings to help members stay in tune with industry developments.
BILTIR provides networking opportunities:
- The BILTIR annual conference and the quarterly members' meetings include networking events to facilitate the building of relationships with industry colleagues.
- BILTIR membership provides a network of industry peers for exploring regulatory and industry questions, concerns and ideas.